Job Title: Data Engineer
Reports to: Senior R&D Manager
Key interactions: R&D Department
Job Purpose/Role Description:
We are looking for a highly skilled computer programmer who is comfortable with databases, data preparation and visualization tools. Data engineer extract and acquire data from different sources, including the database, can be SQL Server, Oracle DB, MySQL, Excel, or any other data storing or processing software. Afterward, they apply algorithms on this data to make it useful.
- Analyzing and organizing raw data
- Building data systems and pipelines
- Evaluating business needs and objectives
- Interpreting trends and patterns
- Building algorithms and prototypes
- Developing analytical tools and programs
- Collaborating with data scientists and architects on projects
Key Attributes/Main Competencies:
Data Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science.
- Familiarity with database systems like SQL and NoSQL.
- Proficiency with Python, Java, and Scala programming languages.
- Understanding the basics of distributed systems
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with data preparation and data visualization tools
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to details.
+ 3 years of experience as Data Engineer